Wednesday 18 March 2020

Cort A4 -----> Adjust the height of the Hipshot bridge

I personally think the Cort A4 Hipshot bridge is by default too low and then ... to get a proper buzzless action I need to raise the regulation screws too much ...at a point they go almost out of thread with a weird angle of the saddles.....so i printed an 1mm shim to be placed under the bridge.... PLA is a very rigid material so will work well in terms of sound transfer....unless You will play the bass at kindof 55 degree Celsius... in this case the sound will become more .......HOT

:-)

I designed the shim with sketchup.... and encoded with cura with 100 % infill... the shim is exactly 1mm in my case but We can create a version with a different height... 1mm is perfect in my case.



This is the result but We need to drill another  hole for extending the ground wire


 

 Here  is the ground wire to extend OVER THE  PLA BRIDGE for touching the metal of the bridge..



Now everything os OK !!!!



We can mount the bridge back in position... please note the shim is not visible at all..





MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.....
:-)



If You like my work please consider
a little contribution using my paypal account:

Donate!

*******************************************
https://www.paypal.me/kkprince999

*******************************************

THANKS !!
KKPRINCE
:-)







No comments:

Post a Comment